The Liebster Award is something like Whose Line Is It Anyway?: Everything’s made up and the points don’t matter. My cousin Rachel nominated me after being nominated herself, and I decided to pay it forward, too. It works like this:
Share 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
Nominate new bloggers to pass it on
Write 11 question for those bloggers to answer
11 Random Facts:
1. (According to B.) I’m not as afraid of wild animals as I should be.
2. If I ever get pregnant, I don’t want to learn the baby’s gender beforehand. Surprises of that magnitude are such a rarity in life, and I want to savor it.
3. I still haven’t switched to a PA driver’s license because I can’t bring myself to surrender my CA license. If they’d just let me keep my CA license with its cute little bear and Golden Gate bridge, I probably would have done it a year ago.
4. I’ve never liked my name, but I’ve also never been able to think of an alternative name that “fits” me better. Then someone suggested I seem like a Sydney, and he was right. I could definitely be a Sydney. If I wasn’t such a Whitney.
5. Yang is my favorite Grey’s Anatomy doctor.
6. I take my coffee with half & half and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
7. One of the biggest crushes I’ve ever had was on a teacher. Everyone knew, and I’m sure he probably did, too. It’s so embarrassing to think about now.
8. My favorite genre of both books and movies is historical fiction.
9. Earth is on an hourglass, and I hate that I won’t know how the world ends.
10. I kick ass at writing in-class/timed essays. To test this theory, I pointedly refused to study for the analytical writing section of the GRE.
11. I do my best writing when I’m angry.
11 Questions from Rachel:
1. What is your favorite book of all time – the book you can read over and over again?
Lolita. Lo-lee-ta. Lo. Lee. Ta.
2. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark chocolate always
3. If you had to listen to one song on repeat for an entire day which song would you choose?
This is a nightmare to even imagine. I prefer silence and if I had to pick one song to listen to ad nauseam, I’d probably stab my eardrums with Q-tips. That said, I’d pick “Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag” from the Chicago soundtrack. I love Chicago. It’s my go-to wedding planning inspiration music.
4. What is your preferred species of flower?
Oriental hybrid lilies, especially the Stargazer, which is of course incredibly toxic to cats
5. If you could live in any city in the United States (you have a job that covers the expenses, blah, blah blah) where would you live?
Well, it’s hard to say because I haven’t been to all the cities, you know? Of the cities I have been to my top three choices are Berkeley, NYC, and Philly, and of those three, Philadelphia wins over NYC by a smidgeon. I have a feeling I’ll really love Boston when I go there, though.
6. What countries make your top 5 travel wish list?
In no particular order: Russia, Spain, France, Morocco, and India
7. What has been your favorite age/year so far? Why?
2012/21-22. It’s been the healthiest, happiest, most adventurous year of my life.
8. What is the best advice you were ever given?
Not everyone deserves forgiveness and sometimes it’s perfectly healthy just to say, “Fuck you,” before moving on.
9. Do you have any special or unique skills? Elaborate.
I am a veritable fount of trivia. I have useless information to proffer for any situation.
10. Be honest, are you going to see the midnight showing of Star Trek in May?
Definitely. Zachary Quinto with those Vulcan ears and eyebrows being so wryly logical gets me all hot and… off the point.
11. Finish this sentence: “Not a day goes by when I don’t think about _______ .”
11 Questions for My Nominees:
1. American Apparel or Urban Outfitters or H&M?
2. You’ve been magically gifted with all the skills you need for your dream career. What is it?
3. What is the last book you read and absolutely hated?
4. What is your biggest tangible fear (i.e. spiders, needles, etc.)?
5. What would have you chosen if you could have named yourself?
6. Who is your favorite TV character of all time?
7. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve eaten?
8. To which Hogwarts House do you belong?
9. Harvard or Yale? Stanford or Berkeley?
10. Would you rather eat a live cricket or a fresh sea urchin?
11. Capital punishment: yea or nay?